This room was originally used as guest bedroom throughout Merton and Annie’s residence, most probably by their grandchildren when they came to stay as a treat. When Annie became ill in 1919, her nurse, Miss Newboult, moved into the guest bedroom permanently. Annie moved into Merton’s bedroom, the Red Room, just opposite, to be close to her nurse.
Around this time the room was redecorated: the joinery painted and the walls papered. The evidence of this redecoration can be seen on the West Wall behind the door.
The Green Room is used to display souvenirs from Merton and Annie’s travels to Russia and Scandanavia in 1898.