Join us for a special festive, candlelit late opening on Thursday 14 December & Thursday 21 December 2023, 5-8pm
An evening by candlelight at the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum…
Enjoy the magical atmosphere of the museum at night, with all the delight and decoration of a sumptuous Victorian Christmas.
- Ellen-Marie from e-marie vocals singing Christmas Classics in the Main Hall
- Czeckmate – guitar and flute duo performing yuletide tunes in the Café
- Blandford Fashion Museum join us with some Dickensian Victorian garments
- Object Handling session with objects from the museum stores
- Traditional Christmas Readings in the Historic House
- Discover – Victorian Christmas Traditions
- Discover – The Girl in the Red Hat
- Discover – Solstice Celebrations Around the World
Festive Treats available in the Café throughout the evening. Are you on the Nice List? Why not treat yourself to a Christmas Afternoon Tea?
Café closes at 7.30pm
Historic House and Shop close at 8pm
Thursday 21 December
5pm – 8pm
Third Thursday Club
Our Museum Lates take place every third Thursday of the month, exploring a different theme each time. Why not consider joining the Friends of the Russell-Cotes, which includes free admission to the museum for a year, including to each of the monthly Third-Thursday-Club Museum Lates?
21st December 23 - 21st December 23