Thursday 20 October
5pm – 8pm
This month’s Museum Late explores the rich, dark history of Victorian Gothic literature, and the darker side of Victorian culture.
We will have:
- dramatic readings from the classics and potboilers of Victorian horror writing
- an object handling session exploring how different cultures have understood mortality
- a tour of the house delving into the strange and otherworldly artworks in the collection as well as the more macabre side of Victorian life
- author and researcher Katie Godman with her new book – Gothic Fashion The History
- spotlight talks, and more.
Make it a really special evening by booking an Afternoon Tea (available until 6.30pm) to share with a friend. (Bookings close 24 hours prior to event).
Entertainment is spread throughout the evening, so drop in at any time to enjoy it.
5.00pm – 7.30pm – Museum Object Handling Session
5.00pm – 7.30pm – Gothic Fashion, the History – Meet the Author Katie Godman
5.00pm – 7.30pm – Cafe open serving snacks, drinks, and a suitably bloody cocktail
5.15pm – 5.30pm – Spotlight Talk – Victorian Gothic Fashion
5.30pm – 5.45pm – Dramatic Readings of Gothic Horror Classics
5.45pm – 6.00pm – Spotlight Talk – Bournemouth Gothic Part 1
6.00pm – 6.30pm – Dark Victoriana Tour
6.30pm – 6.45pm – Dramatic Readings of Gothic Horror Classics
6.45pm – 7.00pm – Spotlight Talk – Bournemouth Gothic Part 2
7.00pm – 7.30pm – Dark Victoriana Tour
7.15pm – 7.30pm – Spotlight Talk – Victorian Gothic Fashion
7.30pm – 7.45pm – Dramatic Readings of Gothic Horror Classics
7.30pm – Cafe closes
8.00pm – Museum closes
All timings subject to change
Third Thursday Club
Our Museum Lates take place every third Thursday of the month, exploring a different theme each time. Why not consider joining the Friends of the Russell-Cotes, which includes free admission to the museum for a year, including to each of the monthly Third-Thursday-Club Museum Lates?
20th October 22 - 20th October 22