Summer event: 1920s
As part of Festival Coast Live! we are hosting a series of fun-packed free garden events this August at the Russell-Cotes.
In the 1920s, Merton and Annie Russell-Cotes opened up their home as a museum and art gallery. In celebration, we are hosting a 1920s event. Join our relaxed garden party atmosphere, with music, dancing, crafts, and more. Make it a really special event by dressing up in 1920s style, or pre-book an Afternoon Tea on our Terrace, overlooking the sea.
Thursday 5th August, 2 – 9pm
The line up (subject to change)
- Jazz singer e-marie vocals, 2 – 2.30pm, 3 – 3.30pm, 4 – 4.30pm – in the garden
- Garden games 2 – 6pm
- Object handling 2 – 4pm – in the garden
- Crafts 2 – 4pm
- Spotlight Talk – Russell-Cotes paintings from the 1920s 4.30 – 5pm – in the garden
- Trevor Langham, 1920s and 1930s piano music, 5.30-8.30pm – in the Main Hall
- Jeremy Huggett’s Jazz Duo 6-9pm – in the garden
- Afternoon teas served until 6pm – on the Terrace or in the Museum cafe – please book in advance online, or by calling 01202 128000
With the exception of Afternoon Teas, events do not require pre-booking in advance.
1920s costumes are encouraged!
Summer garden events are free to attend.
Please note general admission tickets will be required for entry to the Museum.
05th August 21 - 05th August 21