Summer event: Around the World
As part of Festival Coast Live! we are hosting a series of fun-packed free garden events this August at the Russell-Cotes.
Merton and Annie Russell-Cotes travelled the world, collecting objects and treasures from every country they visited. We are celebrating the meeting of cultures with music, dancing, workshops, crafts, storytelling and more. Make it a really special day and pre-book an Afternoon Tea on our Terrace, overlooking the sea.
Thursday 12th August, 2-9pm
The line up (subject to change)
- Garden games 2-6pm
- Object handling 2-4pm – in the garden
- Chinese Tea Ceremony – in the garden
- Crafts from around the world 2-4pm – in the garden / Learning Gallery
- Storytelling from around the world 2-5pm – in the garden
- Spotlight Talk – Maori Model Canoe 3pm, 4pm, 5pm – in the Yellow Room
- Noah Afro Music drumming performance and workshop, 4.30pm & 5.30pm – in the garden
- Bollywood Dance Workshop with Pavilion Dance South West, 5pm & 6pm – in the garden
- Music with Sara Martin, 5.30pm-8.30pm – in the Main Hall
- Dhol drumming with Johnny Kalsi, 6.30pm-7.15pm & 7.45-8.30pm – in the garden
- Afternoon teas served until 6pm – on the Terrace or in the Museum cafe – please book in advance online, or by calling 01202 128000
With the exception of Afternoon Teas, events do not require pre-booking in advance.
Summer garden events are free to attend.
Please note general admission tickets will be required for entry to the Museum.
12th August 21 - 12th August 21