Open call for artwork and photography responding to our current exhibition, In Her Own Voice: The Art of Lucy Kemp-Welch.
The themes are wildlife and animals (in particular horses and equine art) and Landscape (especially Bournemouth, Dorset and New Forest). Accepted media include; drawing, painting, photography, collage and printmaking.
The Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum has partnered with the National Horse Racing Museum to organise a major exhibition of works by equestrian female painter Lucy Kemp-Welch (1869-1958). Lucy Kemp-Welch is one of Britain’s foremost equestrian painters in the tradition of British impressionism. She was an expert horsewoman with an innate understanding and love of her equine subjects, especially working horses. From the late 1890s to the mid-1920s she was one of the country’s best-known female artists.
The exhibition is running from 1 April – 1 October 2023 at the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum before moving on to the National Horse Racing Museum.
Entry to the exhibition is included with a standard admission ticket.
The Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum is running an open call and competition for artwork and photography responding to our current exhibition. The two main themes are: wildlife and animals (in particular equine/horse subjects) Landscape (especially Bournemouth, Dorset and New Forest) accepted media include; drawing, painting, photography, collage and printmaking.
PLEASE LOOK AT IMPORTANT INFO HERE:
Read more about the exhibition here find our more about Lucy Kemp-Welch and her paintings here and an artist spotlight here.
View Lucy Kemp-Welch’s artwork here.
- Artists work focused on wildlife, animals and landscape – in particular horses and the Dorset/Hampshire landscape.
- Most 2D media including; drawing, painting, photography, collage and printmaking.
- Artists residing in the United Kingdom all welcome to submit.
- Artists can apply for FREE.
- This competition is running during the majority of the exhibition (competition running from 1 April – 31 August 2023) and you can enter as many times as you like
- Deadline 31st August 2023
- 1. Share your work online and make sure to tag the Russell Cotes Art Gallery & Museum on social media in your post
- 2. Use the hashtag #ILoveLucyKW in your post description
- 3. Follow the Russell Cotes on social media @russellcotes (Facebook) @russellcotes (Instagram) @russell-cotes (Twitter)
- 4. Complete and submit the form on CuratorSpace
A group of curators and museum specialists will be judging the winners.
What you win:
- To be part of an online exhibition, hosted by the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum
- Some online exposure in collaboration with the museum
- A personal interview discussing the artist’s work
- Exposure in the media, press and online in collboration with the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum
- The opportunity to exhibit work at the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum in our Cafe Gallery
- Goodies from our shop including artbooks and merchandise
- A year membership to the Russell-Cotes Art Gallery & Museum